6/29/20

tiny nest

There are lots of different sizes of  birds' nests high in the trees from years gone by,
 but Hubby handed me this tiny one that fell out while he was working.
It's on my laptop keyboard so you can see the size. I am hoping it belongs
to a Rifleman.
I have seen some little birds flitting around but haven't got any photos yet.  


This nest was in a fruit tree and probably belongs to a grey warbler.

I can't wait til spring!!



                                           Join us at My Corner of the World each Wednesday!

13 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

That is one HUGE nest!!

Jutta.K. said...

Oh, das glaube ich dir gerne.
Wir haben mittlerweile Sommer und der nächste Frühling ist nun ganz weit weg ;-)
Liebe Grüße

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The nest is so well woven together. Birds are so clever.

Tom said...

...I've had a couple of nest built here!

Karen said...

That's a sweet little nest! All the nests we see here are full, summer has just arrived.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All that in your own yard! That’s amazing and wonderful.. I’m off to follow the link and learnwhat a rifleman is.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those nests look wonderful …

All the best Jan

kiwikid said...

What a wonderful find, do I see some bailing twine there?

rupam sarma said...

That's great.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a huge nest the grey warbler has in comparison to the small one - may the small one possibly be a fantail nest??? Fabulous photos Betty
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Rhodesia said...

Very large nest lots lots work gone into that !!! Keep safe Diane

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Thank you ever so much for such great photos of birds nests and the links to see what the bird looks like that would build such beautiful complex nests. The gray warbler nest reminds me of a house sparrow nest that I found in my garden one time. Of course we live worlds apart. I am in SW INdiana, USA. The little Rifleman looks like a cross between our Kinglets and Siskins.

Rambling Woods said...

I also love looking at nests....Michelle