8/30/18

meanwhile, back at the ranch...

It has been so warm and sunny at the house the last few days that the garden has bloomed some more.

I saw this guy out the kitchen window fighting a rival in the mirror front of an old microwave!
He spent a long time trying to fly at him but, of course, didn't succeed.

The next day, I noticed that he was smart enough to look behind the
door before resuming his defense of his world.


During some drizzle in the mornings, I was treated to many lovely rainbows. Some were very low in the trees behind the house.



10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Seems your kitchen itself is outside your window! An excellent variety of shots and I adore that low rainbow and fields image... YAM xx

Mikael Bergman said...

very beautiful rainbow and sky

rupam sarma said...

Beautiful pics. Loved the rainbow.

Rambling Woods said...

Intelligent bird that one.. Ahh you are in spring and we head into fall....sad to say for me...Michelle

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gosh it is beautiful where you live!! Silly crow! We once had a robin that kept attacking his reflection in our patio glass door. We could not discourage him.

junieper2 said...

Wow, Betty the rainbows are so beautiful! the crow's battle cracked me up, but I have to say, this one is smart:) Am going to look forward to your spring, since you'll capture many flowers! Many thanks for sharing your September Spring with All Seasons:):) Have a great week!

Angie said...

I LOVE THIS POST! The flowers are radiant, and the story with the bird had me laughing out loud!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You live in beautiful country. I especially get a feel of it from your second panorama....Smart bird! I love that it's sitting on your mixer as it peeks into the microwave. lol

likeschocolate said...

Looks like spring is coming your way. So pretty! have a great weekend.

loopyloulaura said...

Looks like you have been enjoying some lovely weather. I have never managed to get a pic of a rainbow! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging