1/19/19

bees and butterflies in the garden

I have a copper sheen tree in the back garden next to a purple butterfly plant. 
Between the two, there are hundreds of bees that swarm them on any given summer day. 
It's a wonderful sound.



I don't see many butterflies, mostly a single monarch here and there during the summer, but for the first time in three years, I actually had two different butterflies on the butterfly plant!
A red admiral and

a yellow admiral!





Please check out my Wednesday link up 'My Corner of the World.'

13 comments:

rupam sarma said...

Beautiful pics

Sue (this n that) said...

What an incredible duo in your garden Betty!
Great photos and such a wonderful experience being visited by those two splendid butterflies :D) xx

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
If anything will bring the flutterbyes out it will be a blooming buddleia!!! YAM xx

riitta k said...

Stunning summer photos <3

Out on the prairie said...

Yellow Admiral is new to me.The red follow willow bloom here

Mikael Bergman said...

very nice macro on butterflies

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photos of the bees and butterflies, are you too far south for monarch butterflies?

Lady Fi said...

Wow - so beautiful (and warm!)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

You are certainly growing the right things that attract them Betty. Have a good week ahead.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your garden is so lush and beautiful and having winged visitors is always a delight. Love your photos!

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! The photos are amazing!

Happy Sunday, Betty!

Mantelilaakson Susanna said...

Oh, so beautiful, Betty!
I love all the butterfly flowers so much.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Susanna

Rose said...

I need to get a butterfly bush...my mom had one and it always had bees and butterflies...I wish I had one as big as yours.