5/15/24

My Corner of the World

Fossils. We find lots of these rocks full of fossils here and there and my brain goes a bit crazy wondering how the rocks got made.
-------------------------

 This weekly link-up is a place to share photos and see photos from around the world.


It opens at 12AM, NZ time, each Wednesday and stays open for
a week to give you time to link up and visit other blogs.

Click the blue 'add link' button below to share your blog post with
family-friendly photos.

Please add a link-back somewhere on your blog or your 
post may be deleted.
You can use the badge below.
If you have trouble linking up, email me and I will link for you.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




-----------------------
Find more photos on my FB page,  New Zealand from my Point of View.

17 comments:

Debra | Gma'sPhoto said...

Thank you for hosting this wonderful party. I have linked up at #6. It's the day I spent with my daughter and grand daughter creating some fun art in our neck of the woods! I invite you to share your post at Gma'sPhoto

https://gmasphoto.website/categories/linkup-parties/

Take care and best wishes.
Debra | Gma’sPhoto

Jim said...

Cool!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very fascinating rock!

My area of Colorado is full of fossils and uplifted red rocks and geologic formations that are millions and billions of years old! My husband and I went on a hike with three local geologists recently and we learned so much from them. I will put some info on my blog in the future.

Violetta said...

An interesting fossil stone....tells so much about the past.
Have a good time

Aimz said...

I haven't found many before, mostly just volcanic rocks.

Taken For Granted said...

No idea how this rock was formed, but I suspect a great deal of heat and pressure. It makes a lovely photo.

magiceye said...

Fascinating indeed!

Veronica Lee said...

Fossils are a real wonder.
It's amazing to think about the ancient creatures and the processes that formed these rocks.

Happy Weds, Betty!

dee Nambiar said...

It looks so cool!
Thank you for hosting, Betty.

Suzana said...

Maybe you discover their story and share it.
I like these kind of fossils. And I asked myself how would be possible a decoder of their
energies!
Happy WW and a fine week with misteries solved!

Jill Harrison said...

fascinating isn't it. We went to an amazing dinosaur place in Winton in Queensland last year. Due to the black soil, the bones are coming to the surface! Enjoy your week, and thanyou again for the linkuup.

Rostrose said...

Oh yes, dear Betty, those fossils are WONDERful!
Hugs from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/weltreise-2024-3-station-melbourne.html

Yvonne said...

How wonderful you find fossils. Our garden is full of fossil rocks we picked up from construction sites. It is mesmerizing looking at one and wondering what this creature looked liked while it was still alive.

csuhpat1 said...

What a cool find. Very nice.

rupam sarma said...

Looks amazing.
Thanks a lot for hosting.

Kirsi schreibt said...

Whenn Fossils can Talk ... greetings Kirsi

Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening said...

Fossils tell a story and are always fascinating! Thanks for hosting!