7/5/23

My Corner of the World


This is a weta that  Hubby found in our wood pile. 
(The bottom photo for  perspective.)
---------------------------------------------------------


 This weekly link-up is a place to share photos and see photos from around the world.


It opens at 12AM, NZ time, each Wednesday and stays open for
a week to give you time to link up and visit other blogs.

Click the blue 'add link' button below to share your blog post with
family-friendly photos.

Please add a link-back somewhere on your blog or your 
post may be deleted.
You can use the badge below.
If you have trouble linking up, email me and I will link for you.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

What an amazingly large insect. I am always happy to see interesting wildlife. Thanks for the information.

Cloudia said...

I like your little friend!

Amy said...

I love those guys, use to find them at a house I use to live in.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

What an ugly thing on the wood!

Violetta said...

Wow, that is a very old species. But I am not sure if I should like them.
All the best
Violetta

Lydia C. Lee said...

It looks ready to jump but I guess that might just be the way the legs sit...great close up!

roentare said...

Interesting critter find!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That looks like a giant Grasshopper! Food for the birds?

Veronica Lee said...

Looks like a cross between a cockroach and a grasshopper!

Happy Wednesday, Betty!

Suzana said...

What a strange creature! New for me. Thank you for the link!

Happy WW and a fine week ahead!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

That is a new insect species for me. I really enjoyed the informative videos

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Interesting! Thanks for hosting.

Rostrose said...

Dear Betty,
I don't know the word "weta" - is that a grasshopper? Looks huge!
Warm July greetings and all the best, Traude
🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/06/lavendelzeit-bei-den-rostrosen.html

rupam sarma said...

That's great, Thanks a lot for hosting

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is new to me, it reminds me of a grasshopper.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Slabs said...

Thank you for hosting and giving me an opportunity to link up

dee Nambiar said...

It was nice to see the Weta and get to read a little bit about it. Thank you.
Thank you for hosting MCoW, too. :)

likeschocolate said...

Never heard of it! I am going to have to look it up! Have a great week!

isabella kramer - veredit said...

WOW!! I've never heard or read of it. They are looking so amazing and it is good that the interest ranged to preserve them.

HeartSong Normandie said...

Fabulous photos! Bonjour from me over in Normandie France. Looking forward to popping back again soon...