10/21/16

Lake Westmere, Whanganui

On our last trip to Whanganui, we stopped at this little wildlife refuge at
Lake Westmere on Rapanui Road. You can walk all the way around the lake,
about 45 minutes walking, but we just went a little ways down the path.
Hubby found a tui that was too busy eating nectar from the kowhai trees to notice us.




I was trying to get a shot of the reeds in the water, but my
view was mostly obstructed. I think the shots I got are quite
moody and interesting, though.





11 comments:

Jutta.K. said...

Fantastic images of this magnificent bird.
Also the other photos are really well done.
They all fit perfectly to the "Nature Thursday"
Thanks!
And ♥ly greetings

helena said...

fabulous to see a tui drinking nectar and yes a lovely moody shot of the water

Ruth said...

Nice! I like to stop by wildlife refuges. Actually, seeing (or looking for) wildlife is one of my favorite things.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Enjoyed seeing the sharing of an area in your neck of the woods. As I never have traveled much, it is nice to see places where others can photograph and share. Sounds like a nice day's outing.

Thanks for visiting me.

Peabea

diane b said...

Yes you are right the shots of the lake are moody, soft and serene.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the noody reed shots betty

Karen said...

I learned two things today---what a tui is, and in the process of looking that up what passerine means! Thanks for a lovely view of your world---so different than mine!

Lebensperlenzauber said...

Danke für die Herbstfrüchte im Baum
und den schönen Blick auf den See!!!

Eine schöne Herbstzeit
und viele herzliche Grüße
von Monika*

A Cuban In London said...

Beautiful shots. Love the close-ups. Thanks.

Greetings from London.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!!! :)

Frida, Bilbo e Sofia Cats said...

What beautiful photos !!!!! I liked them very much !!!
A meow of Frida