9/7/15

meeting new friends

It was quite windy over the weekend, so shooting flowers was out of the question. We did, however, make some new friends as we wandered through some back roads and stopped at Victoria Park in Stratford. The lone goose in the first shot is a resident on the pond in the park. I blogged about him/her years ago, here. We assume it's a 'he' since his friend seems to have had some babies.


The calves and sows were quite eager to get to the fence to check us out when we stopped.



7 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow those pigs look nice and big and healthy! I remember about the goose. Glad you got out and about with camera in spite of the wind1

Hannah said...

I'm always amused how curious cattle are, I guess pigs must be curious too. The ducklings are cute, they must be enjoying spring. I hope the winds die down.

Jibberjabberuk said...

The mallards look like they have fallen out with each other while the pigs seem to be having a good chat!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

a lovely varied collection of critters in your collage today.

Rhonda Albom said...

I can't remember the last time I saw pigs in New Zealand. What a fun stop. Glad it was windy, I really enjoyed these photos.

eileeninmd said...

Cute critters and mosaic! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Wonderful critters! The calves are so cute.