4/27/15

fairy town

I photographed these magical little toadstools at Hollard Garden with the other autumn colors in my last post. Every time I see a them, I feel the urge to write a children's story about a tiny, little world. Alas, I am not disciplined enough to do it; so I settle for taking some macro shots.








Before you start nit-picking about my choice of words, there is no difference between mushrooms and toadstool, although the term 'toadstools' has gradually become applied to toxic types. http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Mushroom-and-Toadstool-Toxicology.htm and http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/01/05/difference-between-toadstools-and-mushrooms/


Sunday Snap (last shot)


15 comments:

Kay said...

These photos are fantastic. I love them!

Taken For Granted said...

Lovely macro photos of these mushrooms. They may not be edible, but they are not toadstools, I think.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
These are seriously good shots Bettyl! They tell their own story in our heads and that is the magic....&*> YAMxx

Susie@life-change-compost.com said...

Isn't it just like a tiny magic world?!? As a photographer also, I chucked knowing how you were probably laying on your tummy to get these shots!

Laura said...

Just wonderful Betty! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

maryaustria said...

Wonderful macros!

Rebecca said...

They remind me of fairy condominiums.

Joyful said...

Beautiful shots! I can see why these photos inspire you to want to right a children's story of a small wonderland. Hopefully you will get started :-)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I swear I see the fairies and brownies peeking out from under their umbrellas. Sweet!!! Love this.

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Wow....these are magical....a wonderful world beneath our feet!

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Wonderful photos of the mushrooms! They're fascinating.

Sarah Christie said...

What stunning shots , isn't nature stunning x

Mari said...

Oh they're actually huge :)

kissed by an angel said...

So lovely Betty!!! I love the tiny world of the fairies :)
Enjoy a good time and a wonderful dance into the May :)

Jibber JabberUK said...

The fairies must have just flown off before you got there! Great macro shots.