5/16/16

Taranaki back roads

Even though next month is designated at winter, the weather doesn't seem to know that its suppose to be getting cooler by the day. It was sunny and 20C (about 68F) yesterday and we went exploring to see if there were any autumn colors still around. After almost 10 years, Hubby still finds new roads to wander and I am always amazed by the contours and colors that I see. The hills work well for sheep and cow grazing but some of the animals were scared away from the road by the car--obviously, they don't get many visitors! 
I will be sharing the sights over several posts, as I lose interest when posts have too many photos to be able to enjoy them all and I assume some of you do, too.








Some of the roads are susceptible to erosion and we saw lots of orange mesh indicating slips. I don't usually look down when we drive by (although Hubby enjoys taunting me about it) but I wanted to show you just what one looked like. Below, we pulled over on the grass, so there was probably grass all the way around the curve and you can imagine how much has fallen down the hillside.

This is what it looks like over the orange mesh fence. Now you know why I don't look down!


14 comments:

abrianna said...

I like the shapes and contours of the hills and for the end of autumn it is still *very green*. Reminds me of Ireland.

orvokki said...

It was lovely to watch these photos. All the views are wonderful.
Greetings.

Pietro Brosio said...

Really wonderful views, so wide and picturesque!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the second phot could be in my surroundings- do you live in the North that it is still so green? Here everything is brown and burnt in the Fall. Beautiful scene with the sheep:) Many thanks for sharing with SEASONS where you live - truly beautiful! Have a happy week, Betty!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

beautiful open countryside with great fences and animals, what better way to spend some time Betty

John said...

Pretty country

The Greenockian said...

Your photographs are amazing! I don't like steep sided roads either!
Liz

likeschocolate said...

Gorgous! YOu know God was happy when he made New Zealand. Such a beautiful country!
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views of your lovely country. I also love seeing the sheep and cattle, great collection of photos. We seem to be cooler here than normal for this time of year. the weather is wacko. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Such beautiful scenery...YOU are so LUCKY to be there!!...:)JP

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Again, (I'm reading backwards) I love love love this -- don't be afraid to look down -- I am sure your hubby is a great driver and is used to these roads.

Agree with you on preferring several shorter posts than one way-too-long one!!!

Ida said...

Oh my gosh these were wonderful. I love the rolling green hills, the shot with the cows & the one with the sheep. I'm like you in that I don't like looking over the edge of a road when they are like that.

Anonymous said...

The landscape looks so gorgeous. I especially love the photo of the road stretching away into the hills :-)

Jibberjabberuk said...

It all looks so green and lush. It certainly doesn't look like winter is coming any time soon.