8/3/14

pink algae

I found these in my archives--it's rainy and cold so I'm stuck indoors.

I noticed this pink color between the rocks at Opunake beach. I didn't touch it but it appeared to be pink algae. It looks pretty cool!





11 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Pink is always pretty, even when potentially poisonous! Interesting shots. YAM xx

Amy said...

is that like the weird algae that turns water red around certain parts of NZ? wonder if its the same?

Erica Sta said...

A wonderful Friday Find ... Great captures.
Heidrun from Germany

Stewart M said...

Always something to photograph on a beach.

Nice.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Jeanne said...

Good morning Betty, Thanks for your visit. Your rocks photo is awesome with the pink Algae find. Pink never fails to attract us Pinkies huh?

Happy week to you and yours.
xo
Jeanne

J Bonafilla said...

Back home in Ireland we sometimes get a reddish algae like this during the summer, and when it happens we don't eat the shell fish. I don't know what it's called, but we've always been told that the shell fish would make us ill when there was red algae in the water. You're so very far away and maybe it's something else entirely. At least it looks pretty. All the best, Bonny

bj said...

I have no idea what it is but it really does look cool in your great photos.
I just linked to follow you thru Google Friends Connect. :)
Happy Pinks.

Lisa Gordon said...

How unique this is.

Michelle B said...

I would have walked right past that! You have a good eye. Quite a unique and pretty find. Probably a good thing you didn't touch it. :)

Marie said...

I agree! Very cool!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Looks like nature finger painted the rocks!