2/5/11

White algae at Back Beach

We don't usually get to Back Beach at low tide so this was a treat for me to be able to walk down a part of the beach I had not stepped foot on before. When the kids called me over to the rock in the middle of the first photo, I was astounded at what I saw.

Green algae was expected, but the white algae with it was totally amazing. I had never seen anything quite like it. It looked like something mystically swirling in the pools of water




Even dried, it looked pretty weird.

10 comments:

Deb said...

how interesting...great photos..

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photo, I love the first beach scene. The algae almost looks like white hair.

Richard Lawry said...

I have never seen white algae before. Thanks for the intriguing photos.

An Arkies Musings

Sridharan said...

Superb captures..

Mommy2Four said...

How neat! Ive never seen that before!

MarieElizabeth said...

Really cool find! Great shots.

Unknown said...

I've never seen white algae.

FranE said...

Fascinating. I don't think I have ever seen white algae before. Good to know about.

Arti said...

These are just awesome... Never seen anything like this before...
Looks pretty wierd as you rightly said..
Have a nice day :)

Linda said...

I agree, it looks like white hair.