2/5/11

White algae at Back Beach

We don't usually get to Back Beach at low tide so this was a treat for me to be able to walk down a part of the beach I had not stepped foot on before. When the kids called me over to the rock in the middle of the first photo, I was astounded at what I saw.

Green algae was expected, but the white algae with it was totally amazing. I had never seen anything quite like it. It looked like something mystically swirling in the pools of water




Even dried, it looked pretty weird.

11 comments:

Deb said...

how interesting...great photos..

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photo, I love the first beach scene. The algae almost looks like white hair.

richies said...

I have never seen white algae before. Thanks for the intriguing photos.

An Arkies Musings

Sridharan said...

Superb captures..

Pete said...

Some nice shots there :)
Cheers
Pete
www.hamilton-nz.blogspot.com
www.gullnet.blogspot.com

Mommy2Four said...

How neat! Ive never seen that before!

MarieElizabeth said...

Really cool find! Great shots.

Evelyn said...

I've never seen white algae.

hummer said...

Fascinating. I don't think I have ever seen white algae before. Good to know about.

Arti said...

These are just awesome... Never seen anything like this before...
Looks pretty wierd as you rightly said..
Have a nice day :)

Linda said...

I agree, it looks like white hair.