2/14/11

New Plymouth airport

Ever since I was at the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC 'jetport', I have been fascinated at how tiny airports really are. This is the whole of the New Plymouth airport lobby/waiting area. It has booths for 5 rental car agents.


The view out the front windows of the waiting area. The Tasman Sea is just beyond the rocks in the distance.


And this is the classy baggage claim. A worker loads the cases from the airplane onto carts pulled by a little tractor of sorts. Then he drives into this space through a  garage door, makes a half-u-turn and you pick your cases off the carts. Genius.

I took the first shot, then turned around for the 'baggage claim' area. Ya gotta love the little airports.

2 comments:

Deb said...

it looks bigger than the one we landed in when we went to Wyoming...it was tiny....

dot said...

I don't think I have ever been in an airport of any kind.