6/9/23

SS Waitangi shipwreck


This is the latest photo of the Waitangi shipwreck at Patea, NZ. In
the years I've been here, it's been a game of hide-and-seek seeing it uncovered
on the beach. Alas, I think it will be exposed for a while, since much of the sand has been blown off the shore. 

In earlier searches, there was an almost-vertical hill of sand from the shoreline up 
to the clifftop. Now that the sand has been blown away, it's rather easy to see the wreck and get to it for photos. 




Join us at My Corner of the World each Wednesday!

5 comments:

roentare said...

The rustic shipwreck fragments are great additions to the coast

rupam sarma said...

Looks amazing

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice photographs of the shipwreck.

All the best Jan

Gardens at Waters East said...

I have always been fascinated by ship wrecks. Imagine the lives that used those ships and the lives that may have been lost. I have some artifacts from old schooners that have been wrecked near my gardens here on Lake Michigan in USA. Every now and then, they appear in some of the photos I take and post on this blog.

handmade by amalia said...

So much drama in this photo, simply beautiful.
Amalia
xo