9/29/14

pale pink beauties


I see this flower  a lot in the public gardens we haunt but have never found a name. I'm hoping my bloggy friends can help with that. :)  I was originally convinced that these are NOT rhodos because they are short and bushy-looking and are in a particular sheltered part of Pukeiti Gardens--compared to the abundance of 'regular' rhodos that we see at this time of year. But with some research and all the great comments, I concede that it is a type of rhodo. Thanks, bloggy friends!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice shot

Unknown said...

Lovely blossoms! I hope someone can help you with the name.

BLOGitse said...

Beautiful 'no name' blossoms! :)
Happy Monday!

my blog is here -> BLOGitse

DeniseinVA said...

So delicate and elegant. Gorgeous flower and a great photo!

Donna said...

Gorgeous although not sure what it is...

susantroccoloauthor.com said...

This is one of a million varieties of Rhododendron! Portland, Oregon where I live is famous for our magnificent "Rhodies." They can get very big here, they love plenty of water and sun. BTW the leaf is a give-away....

MTWaggin said...

Gorgeous but not idea what it is. But then it probably doesn't really matter. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

I can't help with the name (sorry!), but it sure is beautiful.

Hannah said...

They look like our Rhododendrons. It is a very big evergreen shrub verging on a tree. It's lovely to see your spring photos, our Rhodies wont be blooming for quite a while. There are lots of different colors.

Vanessa Morgan said...

I have no idea what it's called, but it sure is beautiful.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Drives me nuts in a public garden when they have all those little signs in front of the beautiful blooms (and I'm trying to get a good picture). But there's a good reason for those signs. Hope somebody can help. It is a beautiful flower.

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous blossom!

Ida said...

It's gorgeous. Such a delicate shade of pink.